Friday, August 5, 2011

Fun Foto Friday- Round 1

Hi All! Back again, and I have another weekly post idea. This one is called Fun Foto Friday, again my twist on an established twitter/blog habit. So the premise of this one is that I'm going to find Fotos (or Photos to be proper) of obscure events, concerts, or games that no one is partnering with, and I would like some ideas from all of you on who a good partner would be. Sound good?....Well, if doesn't sound good I'm going to do it anyways so lets get started. This first photo comes from an event that is very near and dear to my heart: The Maine Lobster Festival. If you haven't noticed by now I'm a little obsessed with Maine (Going again this weekend, I know, I know it is a little insane, but I'm in love damn it...maybe even borderline addicted).

Below is a Foto of the event and a link to the site:
Courtesy of http://www.destination360.com

Yes, your eyes are not deceiving you. That is a giant lobster on a float!

Check out the link here: Maine Lobster Festival

The Festival has a lot of offer a potential sponsor including: 14,174 likes on facebook and 558 followers on twitter. It is a week long event that includes the normal festival fare like contests, rides, and crafts! Plus lots o lobster. Every year the festival hosts a fairly well known musical act on Saturday night this year it is Emerson Drive and a few years ago it was Eric Church (a huge personal favorite of mine). The best part about it all is probably the setting, right on the water in downtown Rockland, ME. So check it out, and let me know who you think would be a smart partner....Remember Maine gets a lot of tourist in the summer :)

I'll be posting later this weekend about the Red Sox game the other night. You may have seen my tweets. If not follow me: @MeganMainer. Also, running a 10k in Maine this weekend called the Beach to Beacon, look for a post coming soon about the benefits of local sponsorships and race sponsorships. I'll be running with my phone! Don't worry I'm not in line to win this thing by any means, the photo taking won't thwart my chances at gold.

Until then, Have a great weekend, and...

Go forth...
Megan

1 comment:

  1. i think a great sponsor would be shipyard summer ale because that goes great with lobster.

    that or a lobster cracker company

    ReplyDelete